Sunday, January 20, 2008

Lawrence Tynes Lifts New York Giants Into Super Bowl LXII

Lawrence-Tynes-Lifts-New-York-Giants-Into-Super-Bowl-LXII

Lawrence Tynes just disappeared down the tunnel towards his locker room after the match was over and when his New York Giant team mates were dancing around Lambeau Field. For Lawrence Tynes, he probably could not have picked a better time to kick a game winning field goal, even if it came on his third try in the NFC Championship game writes Usatoday.

What did Lawrence Tynes has to say about his outstanding 47-yard field goal with 12:25 left in overtime that sent the Giants to Super Bowl LXII

I just ran out onto the field. I knew it was going to be close to 50 yards but I knew I could get it there. [Tom Coughlin] had to make a decision when I was out there lining up. I kind of made the decision for him. He was going to have to pull me off the field.

"I felt good about all the kicks," said Tynes, who accounted for the Giants' six first-half points by kicking field goals of 29 and 37 yards. "The operation on the second one [at the end of regulation]obviously was not what it was supposed to be and I didn't make a very good attempt at it."


Source

More about Lawrence Tynes

No comments:

Explore more

Custom Search